Improve your communication skills in spoken & written English
So let’s ask the question...chances are that you probably learned English grammar when you were at high school many years ago, right? It is quite possible that you were not taught properly, and therefore learned English incorrectly. Perhaps your teacher wasn’t even an English speaker. Perhaps everything was explained in bad English or even not at all.
It’s also probably the case that you have been making the same mistakes for many years. You might not be aware of these. Or you do know that you’re making mistakes but they are just so hard to fix because you have been making them for so long!
The other thing, is that quite often there’s no one around to correct your mistakes. You could be using English around other non native speakers, or maybe you need your English at work in an international environment.
English is important for leadership, work, social life and employment opportunities.
The point is, this is all a major problem. But it’s a problem that is fixable so don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world.
Just as a new tennis coach changes a few techniques and works on the areas of strengths & weaknesses, the tennis player is able to completely transform his/her ability to correct and master the game.
The same is actually true of language acquisition. But more importantly, English.
English grammar is essential to communicate effectively.
Why is this course so popular?
This course focuses on the core principles of punctuation, spelling & grammar. Sorting out some of the universal problems including words that get misused and confused, such as ’that’ or ’which’. Lessons are fun which allows you to use your English more confidently in everyday life and in the workplace.
- Master the commonly used English tenses, phrasal verbs, conditionals, conjunctions & prepositions, articles & nouns, adjectives & adverbs, pronouns & determiners and modals.
- Improve your writing structure and style.
- Convey your meaning understandably and accurately.
- Speak & write more expressively and with confidence.
- Use a more varied and more expressive vocabulary.
- All of these aims are also applicable to business writing - letters, email and reports.
Both classes are on:
Tuesday evening: 7:30-9:30pm
Thursday evening: 7:30-9:30pm